Thursday 14 January 2010

Dan Rhodes

This is a short story by Dan Rhodes, I haven’t asked permission to put it on here, but you can get a free copy of his book ‘Anthropology and a hundred other stories’ with the new issue of the Watertone’s BooksQuarterly magazine.
I thought it apt.
It’s called

HONEST

January said it was very important for couples to be completely honest with each other, and I agreed. I told her very honestly how much time I spent thinking about her, that whenever I pictured the future she was always there by my side, and how even after three years together I sometimes couldn’t help feeling a little nervous when she was around. She told me to stop. ‘That wasn’t what I meant,’ she said. ‘I meant I just don’t love you anymore.’ She looked away. ‘And the more I think about it, the more I realise I never really did.’

Dan Rhodes new book ‘Litle hands clapping’ is out in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment